Are you like Shrek?
Funny question, I know…
…but I think humans are actually a lot like ogres.
Remember when Shrek was trying to explain to Donkey what ogres are like and had the “onions / layers” conversation with Donkey?
[Click video for dialoque]
Well, like ogres, humans are also wonderfully complex creatures…
We also have many layers and there’s a lot more to you than meets the eye. 🙂
But have you ever really think about…
How well do you know yourself and your layers?
How well do you know:
- Who you really are as a person?
- What makes you happy
- What are you truly passionate about?
- What do you want from your business…from life in general?
- Why do you want it?
- What motivates you?
- What do you dislike?
- What makes you angry?
- What are your values?
- What are your biggest fears?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What will you do anything for (to have or get)?
Research has consistently shown that people, who truly understand these basic things about themselves, tend to be stronger performers and better leaders in their industries.
It’s not just about knowing your strengths and weaknesses; it is also about understanding your personality and knowing what is important to you because that knowledge drives your behavior and the decisions you make in life AND your business.
In business, understanding your own layers helps you make better decisions in terms of:
- The services you offer
- The type of clients you want to work with
- How to interact with clients
- How to perform your work on a daily basis
- How to manage your business and resources to progress faster
- How to promote your services and attract more ideal type clients
Success in life starts with clarity…
Knowing and understanding who you are, what you are willing to do, what you want in life and why you want it is often the starting point of creating a successful business…
…because only then you can direct your thoughts, plans and actions to achieve all the things you want.
To Your Success
PS: What are your thoughts? Share it with us in the comment section below. And if you enjoyed this article, it’s easy to share using the buttons below!